Re: help Leafnode again

I had a similiar problem (which wasn't helped by my upstream news-server
going down and since fetch doesn't give any progress indication I sat there
for 1 1/2 hours before realsing the damn thing was down and gave in for the
night :). It seemed more or less random about when it decided to get the
active file down.

One thing I did do before it got it down which I don't
know if it had any bearing or not was change the permissions on
/var/spool/news and the directories underneath to those recomended in the
docs (rwxrwsrw- I think - can't check since I've gotten rid of leafnode as
getting the news down takes too much time: metered phone bills *sigh*).

Btw, when you upgraded did you check hosts.allow to make sure it hadn't
changed it back to localhost (just a thought)?

Hope you figure it out.

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.1
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request