Help with two packages that refuse to install .. dependencies

Since the GNU has selected windowmaker as <whatever> I have tried to
install it on my system. The latest Debian version is 0.20 although there
are RPMs for newer versions.

Anyway my problem is in trying to install wmakerconf and wmakerconf-data.
wmakerconf-data says it cannot install/configure  because wmakerconf is
not configured. And  wmakerconf cannot install/configure because wmaker is
not configured. Is this a dpkg problem or what? and how can I solve it?

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469