Re: fetchmail, why does it do this?

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 12:01:16AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:

> Well, maybe fetchmail gives up completely at the first
> broken message?

At least, thats what it does here.

> > But debian.virtual.de.host is my own system, and I am able to _MAIL_ to
> > tester@debian.virtual.de.host, it appears in his spool file, only fetchmail
> > won't get it back...
>
> Configuration problems may have the strangest results. :-)
> I don't know the details of your setup, but mailing to
> tester@localhost (or just tester) shouldn't involve fetchmail
> at all?  Such mail ought to be delivered locally - no need
> to fetch from a remote pop server.  Or do you route even the local mail
> via your ISP?
> Similiarly - mail to tester@debian.virtual.de.host shouldn't need
> to go outside either, as long as the domain debian.virtual.de.host
> refer to your machine *only*.
>
> Helge Hafting

Well, your perfectly right, normally local mail stays local, I just set
up fetchmail in the way described above, to test my settings.

--
Ingo Hohmann, Otto-Speckter-Str. 17b, D-22307 Hamburg
Tel/Fax: +49 40/69792480   eMail: ingo.hohmann@gmx.de

"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling
scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't
automatically mean there's anything wrong."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)