Re: how change IP address?

>> As an asside to the list, what's the chances of the /etc/init.d/network
>> scripts being replaced with something else? Long ago I hacked up a
>> script for slackware to read bits and pieces from a directory and use
>> that information to build the interfaces.
>
>A group on -devel are discussing that very thing right now.
Such a script wouldn't be all that difficult - personally I wrote up a
couple of them for myself over the years. But I found that the usual
circumstances involving a change of IP, involved alterations to other
information, computer name, subnet, network, domain name, etc. And since
there are a lot of configuration files that have the raw system values
within them - it is necessary to search for the information that I needed to
change, as well as being aware of what affects my changes would have upon
the running status of the system.

Jolyon