Re: Slink, xbase-common and xdm...

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 07:39:53AM -0900, Hogland, Thomas E. wrote:

> Interesting problem - I've upgraded to slink as part of kernel 2.2.1 on
> two different PC's, and I think I goofed on one. When the new X stuff went
> in and asked if I should use my current config files, the PC at work was
> told No - leave mine alone; the PC at home was told Yes - overwrite with
> new ones.

It's sort of simple.  Either deinstall xdm (the package, there's a package
by that name now), or move /etc/init.d/xdm.dpkg-dist to /etc/init.d/xdm

The new startup script is *requiered* for xdm to work properly.

To gain access to your computer, boot linux in single user mode as some
people have stated here.

						Marcelo