Re: dumb WordPerfect question

"James R. Lunsford" wrote:

> I had the large 27(?) meg file.  I put it in /usr/local and untarred it, then
> installed it.
> It seemed to go well but the 2 times I tried it, no xwp file.

Do you mean that you could not find xwp, or do you mean that you typed
xwp and nothing happened? If the former, i don't really have a clue.
Maybe you can try to get the smaller files. I always do that because my
dialup connection gets flaky sometimes. If the latter, do you remember
what directory you installed wordperfect to? I installed mine into
/usr/local/WordPerfect, making xwp in /usr/local/WordPerfect/wpbin. To
run xwp you either need to have the /usr/local/WordPerfect/wpbin
directory in your path, or you need to specify the full path to it when
you run it.

I am assuming that you completed the installation (selected language,
printers, etc.) successfully.

hth

--
                                  __   _