Re: dumb WordPerfect question

"James R. Lunsford" wrote:

> Brian Morgan wrote:
>
> > Thanks for using NetForward!
> > http://www.netforward.com
> > v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
> >
> > I've successfully unzipped and installed WordPerfect 8 onto /usr/local/wp8.
> > Now what?  What's the name of the executable and where is it?  Readme's
> > aren't helping.
>
> The exact same thing happened to me.  I gave up on it.

There were some problems with the wordperfect installation instructions.
These instructions apply to the smaller, segmented files.

o  What you need to do is copy all the files to an empty directory, and
make sure their filenames are lowercase.

o  Unzip each of them.

o  Untar the gui00 file only.

o  Run the Runme executalble.

o  Follow the instruction presented by the installation program

HTH

---
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Chula Vista, CA              /\\/ /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /
mailto:mwagnon@ixpres.com   _\_v____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\