Re: VM problem

Petter Adsen writes:
>Daniel Elenius writes:
>| OK, thanks for the advice, I get the general idea, but I'm afraid I've
>| broken my .vm now. VM says "Invalid read syntax: ". in wrong context"
>| when I try to start it w/ M-x vm. I'll attach my .vm and my .forward
>| with my exim filter here...
>|

>| --
>| -~* Daniel Elenius *~-(setq vm-spool-files (list
>| 	;; this should be a list of triples:
>| 	(list "~daniel/VM/mail/INBOX" "/var/spool/mail/daniel "~daniel/VM/crash/inbox.crash")
>
>                                                            ^^
>Looks like you're missing something here.
>
>For peace of mind, though, you might want to look at the auto-archiving
>features of vm instead, the multiple spool files approach is rumoured to
>cause severe headaches. :(
>
>Petter

Actually, I got it to work now. I had to (setq vm-crash-box-suffix
nil) and (vm-spool-file-suffix nil). By "auto-archiving" feature, do
you mean virtual folders (sorry I haven't really RTFM). In that case,
I think I'll rather stick with the setup I have now. It somehow feels
better to heve the filtering done outside the MUA.

--
-~* Daniel Elenius *~-