apt-get segfaults

Hi,

I have a serious problem with apt-get (and therefore with dselect):
running "apt-get install something" gives me a segmentation fault, for
example:

test1:~# apt-get install xntp3
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
  xntp3
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Segmentation fault

It doesn´t matter what I´m trying to install. I´m using slink,
installed yesterday.

/etc/apt/sources.list contains
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US frozen non-US

I´m a Debian newbie, I hope someone with a little more knowledge can
help.

TIA,
  Martin.
--
"Linux 2.2.1 - the Brown Paper Bag release"
                                 Linux Torvalds on linux-kernel ML