Re: Loading 2 LinuxOS with LILO

homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:

> I'm trying to boot two Linux OS's with lilo, but with no success so far.

[snip]

> /dev/hda2   *      306      306      588   570528   83  Linux native

[snip]

> /dev/hdc5   *        1        1      109    51439+  83  Linux native

[snip]

> /dev/hda2 is where the Debian 2.0 root partition is installed, as well as
> lilo;  /dev/hdc5 is where Slackware 3.5 root partition is installed.  The

[snip]

> The only successful attempt for a /etc/lilo.conf file has been:

[snip]

> image=/vmlinuz
> label=debian
> read-only
>
> image=/vmlinuz
> label=slack
> root=/dev/hdc5

hello,
the following should work:

boot debian
create the dir /slack
add to fstab the line
   /dev/hdc5  /slack  ext2  noauto,user  0  2
edit lilo.conf so, that
   image=/vmlinuz
   root=/dev/hda2
   label=debian
   image=/vmlinuz
   root=/dev/hdc5
   label=slack
type mount /slack
run lilo

and all should be fine :-)

don´t forget, every time from now on when you have to run lilo - e.g. if
you compile a kernel - you should mount /slack first or you would no
longer be able to boot slack from the lilo-menu.

hth

hafi