Re: Where is kernel 2.2.0?

On 08 Feb 1999q, Joey Hess wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > don't - in fact, I've even wired my speaker through the turbo switch so
> > it's off most of the time!
>
> Hm, do you dislike beeps or what? It's pretty trivial to patch the kernel to
> disable beeps, I could make a loadable module that disabled kernel beeps
> while it was loaded in about 10 minutes..

I wired my speaker like that ages ago, perhaps even when I was still using
DOS. Anyway, at least the turbo button does something useful now...

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)