Re: slink install

-----Original Message-----
From: MallarJ@aol.com <MallarJ@aol.com>
To: italus@yahoo.com <italus@yahoo.com>; debian-user@lists.debian.org
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Monday, February 08, 1999 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: slink install

>In a message dated 2/8/99 12:22:23 AM Central Standard Time,
italus@yahoo.com
>writes:
>
>> errors were encountered while processing:
>>  libc6-dev
>>  libgdbmg1-dev
>>  dpkg --configure returned error exit status 1.
>>

>There are other errors farther up the display that we need to see to be
able
>to help you.  To see them, run dselect again, and use your PGup and PGdn
keys
>to view them.
>
>PS - I'm having problems with libc6 too, which is causing problems with
>libc6-dev - it seems the version number of libc6 is 2.0.7.19981201 or
>something like that and it is having problems with my previous version
2.0.7t.

>-Jay
>

>--
/dev/null

Here they are:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration
of libc6-dev: libc6-dev depends on libc6 (=2.0.7t-1)
; however: Version of libc6 on system is
2.0.7.19981211-2.

dpkg: error processing libc6-dev (--install):
dependency problems -leaving unconfigured.

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration
of libgdbmg1-dev: libgdbmg1-dev depends on libc6;
however: package libc6-dev is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing libgdbmg1-dev (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured.

errors were encountered while processing:
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt/debian/dists/stable/main/
binary-i386/x11/wmaker_0.14.1-7.deb
libc6-dev
libgdbmg1-dev