StarOffice crashes my system

Hello.

I have a slight problem. Im trying to install StarOffice 5 but am not
successfull sofar. Everytime I fire setup up in X the X freeses leaving me
with no choice but to reboot (the mouse and keyboard freese allso). I dont
get any error messages or nothing, I tried one time to start setup and
switch to a text console with ctrl-alt-F2 and then it didnt freese untill I
switched back to X and clicked on the setup window that appeared.
Anyone have any idea of whats going on? Im not sure of any versions of X or
any libraries im running but im using Hamm and kernel 2.0.35.
Thanx in advance.

* Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson       |     Olafur Jens Sigurdsson          *
* Eðlisfræðinemi               |     Physics Student                 *
* Háskóli Íslands              |     University of Iceland           *
* ojs@hi.is                    |     ojs@hi.is                       *