Re: how do I use UID setting?

In article <cistron.199902062314.XAA04725@www.psyctc.org>,
Chris Evans <chris@psyctc.org> wrote:
>However, when I execute this program after su nobody the copy
>reports it doesn't have the permissions to do the create side of the
>copy built in.  Here's the listing:
>
>1 -rwsr-xr-x 1 chris root 59 359 Feb 6 22:47 cp
>
>Here's the program:
>
>#!/bin/sh

Simple - setuid shell scripts are not supported under Linux because
we have learned from history that it is impossible to create a
secure shell script.

Rewrite your script in perl (and make sure you have "suidperl" on
your system). Perl has a special safe mechanism for setuid scripts.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?