Re: HP Omnibook

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Payne Simpson wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Here is the information that you seek:
>
> Resolution     Maximum Colors     Refresh Rate
> 640 x 480        16M colors               85 Hz
> 800 x 600        16M colors               85 Hz
> 1024 x 768      65,536 colors            75 Hz
>
> The specs are available at
> http://www.hp.com/omnibook/products/5700/datasheet.html
>
> let me know how the installation & setup goes. I have an 800CT that I've
> been thinking of "fixing" (by removing Win95 :-} )
>
> Payne

Hmmmm, thanks for the response, but I am pretty sure that the figures you
give are for an external monitor.  From what I can tell the refresh rate
for the LCD display is hard set to 60 Hz.

Anyway, I got it up and running just fine, I set the first choice in
xf86config to be the one that says "Can do 1024x768 at 60 Hz", and the
next one I told it to use "50-70".  Pardon the lack of details, I left my
laptop at home.
Anyway, it seems to work just fine, except some snow effects when I have
an eterm open next to an xterm.