Re: XFree86 Support for Muliheaded boxes

I remember back in '99 when David Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:11:03 CST, Chris Frost wrote:
>
> > I have a Matrox Mill II and am thinking of buying a Matrox G200 to add to
> > my box so that I could use two monitors on the same machine. Does XFree86
> > support this yet? I've seen talk of it for AccelX, but not really any for
> > XFree.
>
>   Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about XFree86
>   http://x.physics.usyd.edu.au/FAQ/index.html#TwoCards
>   -------------------------------------------------------
>   Q.A15- Can I use more than one video card in the same machine with
>   XFree86?
>
>   Although it is technically possible to use multiple PCI-based SVGA
>   cards in the same machine, none of the servers currently support
>   this.

I've never done this, so take this with a grain of salt, but you
might be able to kludge something together with mgacon and
the FB xserver.  According to the docs for the matrox framebuffer
support in 2.2.x, you can use it to run two matrox cards.  It
might be interesting to grab a card and see if you can get it to
work...

		Matt

--
/* Matt Sayler -- mpsayler@zen.as.utexas.edu -- atwork?astronomy:cs