Re: Dual Boot Woes

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> This isn't the best solution. You should set boot to your linux partition,
> then set your linux partition active in fdisk. This is much more flexible
> if you need to reinstall Windows later, because to get LILO back you just
> change your active partition (even Windows' fdisk will let you do that).

I agree in principle, but in this case he has Linux on his second disk
(hdb1), and the Win9X MBR doesn't allow active partitions on a slave
disk - he would have no way to get to Linux (other than a boot floppy or
loadlin). If he wants to use Lilo, it has to be in the MBR to provide
access to Linux on the 2nd disk.

Tom