Re: NFS file locking (was: broken apt-get)

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.95q.990207013732.369A-100000@gondolin>,
Will Lowe  <harpo@UDel.Edu> wrote:
>> There is something you have to do to setup working NFS file locking under
>> slink, or 2.2 or something but I don't know what it is :<
>
>Any idea where I'd start to look?  Debian doesn't seem to have a lockd...

You don't need a seperate lockd, It's part of the 2.2.x kernels. You
do need special kernel nfs and mount daemons, and for those there
is no debian package yet (though there might be one in the "experimental"
directory).

You can get those at

ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/private/hjl/
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/gcc/

This is all in the kernel Documentation/Changes file.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?