Re: How to Add User to Group?

    It says, "oracle: oracle dba"

    We learn something every day.  Thanks, Ole!  It did not fix
my problem here, but it indicates that the problem might well be
revealed in the oracle script, "oratab.sh"  I'll have a look at that
and find out.  ...did also notice that the group column in the first
oracle directory (mounted on another drive) is "500" all the way down.
I'll check that out, too.

    And by the way, I'm addressing this to the list, because I'm sure
the Oracle install is focused toward the Red Hat distro., and Debian
might be just a bit different in some part of the install.  We'll know
soon enough whether or not Oracle leans too much toward Red Hat ease.

Art