Re: windowmanager does not start

*-Stef Hoesli Wiederwald <debian@sos.ethz.ch>

| Since I updated my system using dftp, no windowmanager ist started
| when I startx.
|
| Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

Some things to check:

Does /etc/X11/window-managers seem good? Incidentally, the first
line in mine is broken.

What happens if you try to run the first line in /etc/X11/window-managers
manually?

If you have a ~/.xinitrc; what happens if you try to run it manually?

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s P&aacute;l)