Re: SYM 53C416 SCSI and HP PhotoSmart

Ciao Jiri Baum,

> I have another question: I have a SCSI card that came with HP PhotoSmart
> scanner. It's a PnP card, and pnpdump identifies it as "SYS 53C416" (this
> is also the number on a likely-looking chip on the card).
>
> Which kernel module(s) do I need to install / compile for this to work?
> (I've tried a few, but they either didn't do anything, or did do something
> and then complained of a timeout and crashed.)

go to

http://linux-sym53c416-driver.netpedia.net

SYM53c416 patch x SCANNER
It works!

---------------8<--------------------------

Linux SCSI driver for sym53c416 (p1 of 6)

   Linux SCSI driver for sym53c416

    (c) 1998, 1999 Lieven Willems

   Introduction

   On this page you'll find a linux driver for SCSI boards based on the
Symbios Logic sym53c416 chip. This is the card
   included with some of HP's ScanJet flatbed scanners (e.g. ScanJet 5P and
ScanJet 6100C). The driver is written for the
   2.0.xx and 2.1.xx series of linux kernels and currently tested on the
2.0.30, 2.0.35, 2.0.36 and 2.1.131 kernels only.

Paolo Pedaletti, Como, ITALYa
paolop@mmpoint.it