SYM 53C416 SCSI and HP PhotoSmart

Hello,

Thank you for your responses on my `Invisible files' question... I'll
recompile the kernel as soon as I get to it.

I have another question: I have a SCSI card that came with HP PhotoSmart
scanner. It's a PnP card, and pnpdump identifies it as "SYS 53C416" (this
is also the number on a likely-looking chip on the card).

Which kernel module(s) do I need to install / compile for this to work?
(I've tried a few, but they either didn't do anything, or did do something
and then complained of a timeout and crashed.)

Any general hints for the HP PhotoSmart scanner?

TIA

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently