Matrox G100 with X

I am attempting to setup X on my friend's machine and he has a Maxtrox
G100 AGP card and am wondering what Xserver to use.  I tried using the
SVGA server, which in XFree86 says supports the G100 PCI version.
XF86Setup cannot open the display at the end of the setup, and I cannot
seem to hack out an XF96Config that will work with his card.  Can anyone
help me out?

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."