Re: mutt with pgp support?

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 12:08:01AM -0800, Stephen A. Witt wrote:
> Does mutt have a nice built in address book like pine? Does mutt do the

Mutt has aliases, which are really easy to grab based on current message,
and stuff like that.

> IMAP thing like pine? Is mutt able to lookup email addresses from an X.500

IMAP exists but is very experimental, I would imagine pine's support for
IMAP is alot better.

> I wish pine had color and that the license thing could be solved more to

You can edit in color at least, by using the alternate editor option in
pine. An editor like vim will automatically do highlights on email when it
reads the headers.

> Debian's liking. Some would like a glitzier X Windows-based display
> (though I would argue that the curses style display had a lot of utility).
> When I used mutt several years ago, I seem to remember that it was rather
> confusing to configure, whereas pine has a nice built in configuration
> utility with on-line help.

yup, still is.

> Ultimately, though, one's choice of a mail user agent is pretty
> subjective, like editors :)  Maybe you should just try mutt for a while
> and see if you like it better.

pretty much

--
Rafael Kitover