Re: [whine] "Power down." vs "System halted."

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 servis@purdue.edu wrote:

> >> I belive we now use the POWER_OFF mechanism by default as machines with
> >> APM bioses and ATX power supplies actualy do shut off.

   Has anyone else run into this related problem? Basically i want to run
server machines. That means i have them on a UPS. But there are times
when the power is off even longer than the UPS can hold up the system.
So, with the new ATX boxes, the power switch is off! Totally! A human has
to push the button to turn it back on. Does anybody know a way to get
around this new "convenience"? I'd like to be able to buy a new box and
yet have it come back up after the power has been off.

universero trio... trio@tio.net... http://tio.net/~trio
Learn and use The International Language Esperanto! http://esperanto.org