Re: off topic - Assembler using GCC

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 08:01:07PM +0800, ivan wrote:
> Sorry again for the off-topic post - I've made what I think is quite a lot
> of progress in as much as I can now get the asssembler compiled and
> sometimes running.
>
> However I am stuck now on implementing interrupts - specifically int 0x10.

Are you poking fun? Do you really think it should be allowed for any user to
program interrupts?

The whole purpose of the Linux kernel is to protect the hardware from the
user processes.

If this code can work at all, then only if it is run as root, and even then
I think you need a way to get permission from kernel (although I am not
sure). Please check the source code of svgatextmode and svgalib.

Marcus