LILO riddle

Hi,

my little server at home (old 486, no floppy) gets a larger hard drive hdc
(540 MB ;-). I copied partitions from old drive hda to the new one
(cp -ax ...). I want to switch the drives, the new one becoming hda. Simply
dd'ing the MBR from one drive to the other will probably not help, since
the adresses of blocks may vary (although the drives have the same content).

How do I tell LILO to create the proper MBR on hdc, then shutdown, switch
the drives and then boot from hda-new? (Remember, no floppy.) I guess, it
has to do with LILO's "-r" option (chroot). Anyone in the know?

Mfg  K.-W. Schulte

--
Dr. Karl-Wilhelm Schulte
Bergische Universitaet-GH/HRZ (Computing Center)