Re: minicom config

On 03 Feb 1999q, Carey Evans wrote:
> ktb <ktb@binary.net> writes:
>
> > ~$ minicom d
> > minicom: there is no global configuration file /etc/minirc.d
> > Ask your sysadm to create one (with minicom -s).
>
> Why "d"?  Just "minicom" is all I've needed, except on the dialup
> server with four modems.
>
> Apart from maybe the serial port, you shouldn't have to change
> anything.

I find I can't run minicom as user, because I get a message saying:

	"Cannnot open /dev/ttyS3: Permission denied."

What am I supposed to do about this? Changing the permissions on /dev/ttyS3
doesn't seem like a good idea.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)