Re: Where is kernel 2.2.0?

>What is the point of doing this? I've always compiled my own kernels from
>source, in both RedHat and Debian, and never felt the need to use either
>.rpm or .deb versions. Perhaps it's because I don't use lilo but prefer
>loadlin.

Compiling a kernel is not a problem, but I only installed the base
system and don't want to manual download all the stuff I need to
compile the kernel (12 MB kernel sources, egcs, etc...). I want to
install add. packages via apt and ISDN, but the ISDN configuration
doesn't work and maybe the 2.2.1 kernel fix this problem. But I don't
want to download 12 MB kernel sources to find out that the 2.2.1 kernel
doesn't fix it. :-)

Oliver