Re: Goodbye, people!/Digressing to time.

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, ktb wrote:

> It's been quite a while since I posted here about it.  I can't even
> remember all I did.  It is consistently 6 hours off.  Time zone, bios clock
> and everything is set ok but when I reboot the correct time is lost.  It
> has been one of those things on the back burner.  I am (was) working with
> the tech support at Cheap Bytes about this this is the last email I
> received on the 25th:

I have also encountered the same problem few months ago. Try to:

1. Edit /etc/default/rcS
2. find GMT="-u" and replace it with GMT=""
3. set your clock (Thru BIOS or thru hwclock). Try to reboot if it works.

I don't claim that this is the answer but it certainly made my clock
consistent on my Debian box.

regards,

= ===== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
= =  == Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
= == =
=  = =  E-mail  : andrelst@mozcom.com
==== =  WebPage : http://andre.lasaltech.com