Re: minicom config

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, ktb wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to get away from my modem failing to hang up properly and
> am attempting to install mimicom.  I went through the configuration
> process and as root, the program at least starts the dialup process.
> I aborted because I didn't want to be on line while in root.  I then
> switched over as regular user and got the following message:
>
> ~$ minicom d
> minicom: there is no global configuration file /etc/minirc.d
> Ask your sysadm to create one (with minicom -s).
>
> Well I used "minicom -s" at the command line which takes me to the main
> configuration screen.  I assume the file  /etc/minirc.d
> goes in   "Filenames and paths"    the problem is I don't know which
> line to put the file in from the choices below:
>
>    A - Download directory :
>    B -   Upload directory :
>    C -   Script directory :
>    D -     Script program : /usr/bin/runscript
>    E -     Kermit program : /usr/bin/kermit -l %l -b %b
>
> I would guess "Script directory" but I really don't have a clue and I
> don't want to screw this up.  I am also assuming that I put
> /etc/minirc.d
> in either "A", "B", or "C", as root and the program will make the
> appropriate file for me?  I have been through the minicom man page and
> don't see anything about  /etc/minirc.d.  I tried messing with the
> minicom.users   file to see if that would help, but it didn't.  I would
> appreciate your help.

The file is /etc/minirc.dfl.  From the main configuration screen there is
a choice "Save setup as dfl".  Selecting this (after starting minicom as
root with the -s option) will create this file with whatever configuration
you have selected.  The filenames and paths have nothing to do with the
name or location of the configuration file.

When in doubt, "man minicom" comes through.  It's in there, quite a ways
down.

Bob

----