Re: Where is kernel 2.2.0?

*- On  2 Feb, M.C. Vernon wrote about "Re: Where is kernel 2.2.0?"
> On 2 Feb 1999, Gary L. Hennigan wrote:
>
>> Mike Garfias <mcg24@csufresno.edu> writes:
>>
>> | M.C. Vernon spoke forth with the blessed manuscript:
>
> <snip>
>
>> It's usually a dog. I'm not sure what "sunsite" MC was talking about,
>> perhaps the UK sunsite? But certainly the sunsite in the US
>> (sunsite.unc.edu) has the new kernels via their mirror of
>> ftp.kernel.org. Here's the URL
>>
>> ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/
>
> Yes, but I was wondering about the kernel-source and kernel-headers
> packages. How can I make these fromt he kernel source .tar.gz?
>
> Matthew

Install the kernel-package Debian package. Then:

1) cd to the directory of the linux source
2) make-kpkg clean
3) make xconfig or make menuconfig or make config
4) make-kpkg --revision custom.1 kernel_image kernel_headers
5) cd ..
6) su
7) dpkg -i kernel-image-2.2.*.deb kernel-headers-2.2.*.deb

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net