Re: Audio CD & MP3

Gregory Vandenbrouck wrote:
>   Is there utilities under debian to dump Audio CD and create MP3 files
> ? I have found cdda2wav which create wav files, but nothing for mp3 :o(
>
>   If there is no .deb, is there an utility I can compile ?

My current favourite is L.A.M.E., which stands for
L.A.M.E Ain't an Mp3 Encoder.

It is fast and the quality is good enough, at least for me. LAME
needs the ISO example source code to work so you have to do some
patching and compiling to get it working. All you need is at
   http://student.uq.edu.au/~s302585/

PS. I'm using cdparanoia to create .wav files. The .deb is in
slink and potato.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland