PCMCIA cd-rewriter. Help!!

PCMCIA CD-REWRITER - Help!!

I have a P233MMX Laptop running Windows 95 and Debian Linux 2.0 with
kernel 2.2.0.

I also have a Freecom IQ PCMCIA CD-Rewriter which I cannot write to
under Linux.

The programs I have tried to use (cdwrite, cdrecord, xcdroast) require a
SCSI drive but the PCMCIA drive I use is IDE. I have tried SCSI
emulation, which works fine with the CD-ROM drive in my laptop, but
dosn't work with my CD-Rewriter.

I have built the pcmcia stuff and the scsi cdrom option as modules.

Is there any way I can get my PCMCIA removable CD-Rewriter to write CD's
under Debian Linux ????

Please help me because I don't like windows and I am very slowly moving
away from it.

MarC