errors in sources while compiling Kernels

Hi,

I just tried to compile a Kernel from source (2.0.34 from my hamm-
distribution) and there were errors in the source code:

/usr/src/linux/arch/i368/kernel/ptrace.c (Line 87):

static unsigned long get_long(struct task_struct * tsk,
	struct vm_area_struct * vma, unsigned long addr
{
                                                       ^
As you'll notice, there's a closing bracket missing.___|
What makes it interesting, the last time I compiled the
kernel was only some days ago, without any error, _and_
it isn't the first time I encountered "one-letter-errors"
in the sources.
Any ideas what causes this?
Just in case you'll ask, yes, chkdsk found some errors recently,
but I don't remember errors the other times, and the kernel sources
seem to be the only place where I get problems.

thanks in advance,

Ingo

--
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling
scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't