netscape library dependencies?

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed Netscape 4.5 and found these
missing libraries reported as errors when I try to run it:

	libg++.so.27
	libstdc++.so.27

However, I do have the libraries libg++.so.2.7.2.8 and
libstdc++.so.2.7.2.8 and the links libg++.so.272 and libstdc++.so.272.
These, I believe are more up-to-date versions of the libraries (I
upgraded via ftp recently from the main stable distribution).

What should I do?

I tried the kluge of making links called libg++.so.27 pointing the
existing libg++.so.2.7.2.8 (same thing for the other library). This
removed the missing library error, or course, but now I have a
'segmentation fault'. I guess this kluge is a bad thing.

Can anyone suggest a way out?

Cheers, Chris.

|  Dr. Chris
Ryan                                                             |
c.ryan@syd.dem.csiro.au        |
|  51 Delhi Road (PO box 136)           phone: +61-2-9490
8673                |
|  North Ryde NSW 2113                    fax: +61-2-9490
8909                |

Australia.

http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/      |
|  WWW (Proton
Probe):                                                        |

http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/chris/PM_main.html   |
http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/mantle/ |
http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/RyanChris/       |