Re: fetchmail (or maybe exim) eats messages

Hello,

> > Presumably this is because of the ownership thing, but there was no
> > error message, and the messages have simply vanished!
> >
> > Are these messages lost forever?
>
> I think I've just answered my own question.  An error message is returned
> to the sender saying the message could not be delivered.

Another place to look about lost messages is /var/spool/exim (or use the
X-based eximon). The msglog directory contains messages, input for the
messages themselves - examine msglog, fix whatever it's complaining about,
and run exim -qqf

I get undeliverable messages every now and then because I've set up one
mailing list to save to files according to subject, and when the subject
contains a slash it gets stuck because the subdirectory doesn't exist.

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>