Re: debian-user trailer line: incomprehensible to those who need it

*- On  2 Feb, Mark Phillips wrote about "Re: debian-user trailer line: incomprehensible to those who need it "
>> So, shall we take this opportunity to reopen the discussion about
>> the debian- user trailer line? The evidence just keeps indicating
>> that the existing one is use less to those who could benefit from it
>> and ignored by everyone else.
>
> How about this alternative:

> The other thing that could be done here, is to make the web page
> simpler --- easier to understand.  Perhaps even a special web page
> could be created to make it as easy as possible to unsubscribe.
>
> Mark.

I think this is about as simple as it can get.  The page has textual
directions at the top in case the user wants to do it 'by hand' and the
gui forms selection at the bottom.

Put in my vote for the trailer line to be changed to your suggestion.

[cc'ed to listmaster@debian.org]
--
Brian
							   - unknown