Re: debian-user trailer line: incomprehensible to those who need it

Immanuel Yap wrote:

> Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > So, shall we take this opportunity to reopen the discussion about
> > the debian-user trailer line? The evidence just keeps indicating
> > that the existing one is useless to those who could benefit from it
> > and ignored by everyone else.
>
> I agree. If you know enough to translate that cryptic statement, you
> would certainly know enough not to send the unsubscribe message to the
> list.

It looks like he did send it to debian-user-request.

But, he left the subject as "(no subject)".  The Netscape mailer brings
up a dialog "You haven't put a subject..." when you try to send
a subjectless message, and defaults to (no subject) -- you have to
delete that to get a message w/o a subject.

It seems that debian-user-request forwards messages with subjects
to debian-user.  Is that true?

Can the list processor at debian-user-request handle the extra
"mail -s" and "< /dev/null" text on the line, and still process
the "unsubscribe ..." part?  If so, he may have sucessfully been
unsubscribed.

Kirk