connecting a zip

Hello,
I´m trying to connect my Iomega ZIP drive over the parallel port to my
debian 2.0 R?4?.
I configured the kernel with modul support for lp and ppa.
I can do without problems a insmod lp but when I try to make a insmod
ppa I get:
ppa: Version 1.42
ppa: Probing port 03bc
ppa: Probing port 0278
scsi : 0 hosts.
/lib/modules/2.0.36/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
I saw the former messages about  the theme and I probed out that my
parallel port is set on 0x378. On the same machine I´m running Windows
95 and there is no problem with the ZIP.
Is there anybody out there with the same problem? Has anybody found the
reason (and a solution?)?
I apreciate evry idea.
Thanks in beforehand.