Re: Stupid Netscape question

Art Lemasters wrote:

>      It should launch from a click on the Netscape Icon in X Windows
> if your windows manager has the icon.  Otherwise, just enter "netscape"
> from an xterm or rxvt in X Windows.

I tried launching from the icon in TKDesk, but it didn't work.  It didn't think eth
program existed.

>      If that doesn't work, make sure that you started your installation
> with _the whole_ gzip'd Netscape file.  Count the number of bytes in the
> file with a "ls -l" command in the same directory as the gzip'd file.
> I just tried to uncompress and install Star Office using incomplete files
> (fixed now) and had to "reget" them to fix it.
>
>     Also, be sure to read all of the documentation on it again--thoroughly, if
> none of the above works.  For example, do any environment variables need to
> be set in your shell config files (e.g., .bashrc, .profile, etc.)?

I did what the instructions said to do, however, I'm not convinced that it worked.

>     The correct packages should have installed just fine with the Debian
> installer, BTW...worked with Communicator 4.5 for slink here.

There was an installer that came with it, but it didn't work.  Hmmm, might be an
indication that something wasn't right in the download.  By Debian installer do you mean
dselect?  I needed to un tar the download.  I didn't think dselect would work on that.

Tim