Re: ipchains and /dev/audio

Christopher R. Barry wrote:
> I just installed the 2.2.1 kernel over 2.0.36. I couldn't find
> `/dev/audio' and `/dev/mixer' in the configuration options so sound is
> completely broken right now. What do I need to do to get `cat foo.au
> /dev/audio' to work again?
[stuff about ipchains cut]

I am using 2.2.0-pre9 and I have the following sound related
compile time options:

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_SB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_ADLIB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_YM3812=m

My sound card is SB32PnP and I load the sound modules with this
command: "modprobe sb irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1".

To make sure you have /dev/audio, /dev/mixer and other /dev/
files setup correctly try "cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV audio"

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland