Re: kernel 2.0.36 question update

Hello,
======

> I just discovered that when I uncompressed 2.2.1 tarball, it installed to
> the linux dir which was a symlink to my 2.0.36 dir, so I guess that is the
> major problem.

;-) Yes, that surely caused a perfect mess.

> Still, how do I apply to patch for kernel 2.2.1?

Assuming from your previous mail you have patch in bz2 format. You have to
use bunzip2 (not simply bunzip) to unpack the patch - maybe you should
install the bzip2 package. Then go to /usr/src directory, and issue this
command

patch -p1 < your_decompressed_patch_file

> Babylon 5 fanatic

Yeah? I'm a Trek fan, on the contrary :)))

All the very best,
Peter
--
                      * Peter Paluch                  *