Re: Kernel 2.2.0 on a 486DX2/66

"Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@RWTH-Aachen.DE> writes:

> This is strange -- I too had a mysterious lockup with the same symptom you
> describe, but with 2.2.0 (the release version.). I'm running a 5X86-133 (this is
> a 486 from AMD) on an ASUS PCI/I-SP3.

OK, so it might not have been the one-off I thought it was.  If it
happens again I'll have to report it to linux-kernel.

I _did_ use Alt-SysRq-P to find out that it seemed to be looping in
schedule(), but didn't record anything else.  This is with a Pentium
166 and a no-name motherboard.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS