Re: Which Kernel?

Alan Tam wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Use the latest kernel 2.2.1 at http://www.kernel.org which supports shared
> parallel ports.
>
>         The program which compiles the kernel under Hamm is gcc make which is
> included in the Hamm packages, that means you don't have to download newer
> versions of software.
>
>         I am new to Linux as well, my answer may not be right.

Mostly right, you need a couple more packages. Get the kernel-package
package. Use it to compile your new kernels into a .deb file and install
it with dpkg. By selecting this package, it will come up and tell you
all the other packages you need to compile a kernel source.

Hope this helps,
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu
begin:vcard
n:Miller;Paul
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Talons
version:2.1
email;internet:pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu
title:President
note:The Spirit of the University of North Texas
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Paul Miller
end:vcard