Re: fatal server error!

X was split up into more packages, which don't get installed during an
upgrade (this is going to be fixed before the official release of slink.)

>From changelog.Debian.gz:

* the Great Reorganization -- changes too numerous to list here, but almost
    every maintainer and build script was rewritten from scratch; xfree86 is
    now split into 47 binary packages; there should be little difference
    visible to the user aside from this, but maintainers of packages that use
    X will need to be aware in particular of changes in window-manager
    registration and X resource handling; information is available in xbase's
    README.Debian

(hmm, I don't seem to have this file, although 'dpkg -L xbase' says I do!)

In short, you will need to install some additional packages, notably
xfonts-base.

Bob

----