"just one problem with 2.2.1" - solved!

Ben Messinger wrote:

> I compiled 2.2.1 and have only found one problem on my system. I changed
> my working printcap to identify lp0 as the printer (was lp1 under 2.1),
> and dmesg reports that the parralel port is detected at boot. However, I
> get permission errors when I try to print. <snip>

Well, I thought this was a problem caused by the new kernel (or my
mis-configuration of it rather), but It was the new lpr package that was
the culprit (permissions in /etc/lpd.perms). Thanks Mario, Heikki, Eric,
and Matthew for clueing me in. I got a little complacent lately and have
been just doing an 'apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade' once a week
to stay on top of slink without paying close attention to what got
updated. I will pay a little more attention to it from now on. <g>.

-Ben