Re: Problem installing minicom

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Michelle Coelho wrote:

>  I even tried what you said, Brandon: dpkg -i minicom*.deb
> but it gave an error, since it doesn't know where to find the file.
> So I tried: dpkg -i /dev/fd0/minicom*.deb, and dpkg replied saying:
> dpkg: error processing /dev/fd0/minicom*.deb (--install):
> cannot access archive : not a directory
> Errors were encountered while processing /dev/fd0/minicom*.deb
>
> So then I tried dpkg -i /dev/fd0, but I got
> dpkg-deb:/dev/fd0' is not a debian format archive
> dpkg: error processing /dev/fd0 (--install):
> subprocess dpkg-deb--control returned error exit status 2
> Errors were encountered while processing /dev/fd0

Ok, to get the packages off of the floppy and install you have two
choices (do these as root):

a) mcopy a:\* .; dpkg -i minicom*.deb
b) mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt; cd /mnt; dpkg -i minicom*.deb; cd /;
   umount /mnt

Mtools needs to be installed for the first one.

Good luck,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~bhmit1 |
|  The above is a completely random sequence of bits, any relation to an   |
|                     actual message is purely accidental.                 |