Re: Help with unzipping files.

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Nuno Donato wrote:

> Can anyone help me out with a problem.
> I have downloaded some apps for linux, but they are
> compressed. Can anyone tell me how to decompress them.
> Step by step if possible.

For files with a .gz  extension use gunzip or gzip -d

jhspies@Johann(17)$ dir
jhspies@Johann(18)$ gunzip README.gz
jhspies@Johann(19)$ dir

For files with a .zip extension use unzip in the same way.  You will have
to install unzip from non-free/utils.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of
      temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of
      judgment to be punished;"            II Peter 2:9