RE: more kernel messages ...

Hi Shaleh,

> > I changed '/etc/modules'. Now it says 'auto'. I also compiled the
> > auto module loader into the kernel. When mounting my WinNT drive
> > through '/etc/fstab' it notices that vfat.o must be loaded. When
> > doing this I get some 'module not found' errors. Where did I screw
> > things up?

> > Starting kerneld, version 2.1.85 (pid 34)
> >
> > Checking all file systems...
> > Parallelizing fsck version 1.10 (24-Apr-97)
> > Mounting local file systems...
> > /dev/hda1 on /msdos type vfat (rw,errors=remount-
> > ro,umask=002,uid=0,gid=80)
> > modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-5
>
> AppleTalk -- usually safe to ignore

Humm. How can I get rid of appletalk 'dependencies'? I don't have a
network card in my system.

> > modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10
> > modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10
>
> may or may not be a problem.
> Try running modprobe, see what it sees.  Read the modules info in the kernel's
> Documentation directory.

Thanx. I will check this out.

Meanwhile another question saw the light. I have some trouble with my
ZIP-disk. I compiled support as a module and I also have /etc/modules
set to auto (+auto module loader in the kernel). When I type

mount /zip

it responds with block devide trouble and it suggest to insmod a
module. The next thing I do is 'modprobe ppa' and I get promissing
result. Retrying a 'mount /zip' then works. Why is the auto module
loader not auto loading the modules?

Thanx for any directions,

    John-Luc

 -- John-Luc Bakker // john@floor4.xs4all.nl // jlbakker@lucent.com --
 -- Officially awarded LEGO designer//MS56SR:Beep the horn and wave --